I “accidentally” won an eBay auction for a Chenbro case for 1€. Well, something had to be done with it.
About the Build
Why the name? Well, there was a Vogons thread about case recommendations which led to me “accidentally” winning an eBay auction for a Chenbro tower for exactly 1€.
After I had put together the build with parts I still had around, I realized that the system was far too noisy and had some room for improvement performance-wise.
So added a faster CPU and improved cooling solutions for CPU and GPU.
So the specs of the build as it stands today:
- Case: Chenbro SR20969
- Mainboard: Biostar P4TGE, Socket 478, i845GE chipset
- CPU: Pentium 4 Northwood 3.06 GHz / 533 MHz (first CPU to support HyperThreading)
- RAM: 1 GB of Kingston HyperX
- Graphics Card: ASUS V9950 – GeForce FX 5900 Ultra, 256 MB
- Sound Card: Creative SB Audigy
- Hard Disk: Western Digital 200GB WD2000JB-00GVA0
- DVD Writer: Samsung SH-S222L
- Power Supply: Seasonic SS-350ET-F3
- CPU Cooling: Thermalright XP-90 with a 92mm Papst 3412 N/2GLE fan
- GPU Cooling: NOS Zalman VF900 Cu
- Fan Control: Zalman ZM-MFC1 Plus
- OS: Windows XP SP3
With this configuration, I reached 13808 3D marks in 3DMark2001 SE. It’s a good-looking, stable, quiet and fast build and I am quite pleased with how everything turned out. Despite the fact that I still don’t have any real use for it…